Photography Workshop | Mullerthal | Luxembourg's Little Switzerland
Photography Workshop | Mullerthal | Luxembourg's Little Switzerland
14 October 2018
Landscape photography workshop in the picturesque Mullerthal region in the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg.
Join professional landscape photographers Christophe Van Biesen and Alfonso Salgueiro Lora to explore this iconic location with its unique waterfalls, stunning rock formations and abundant woodlands.
Join us for a landscape photography workshop in the Mullerthal, Luxembourg's picturesque Little Switzerland. This workshop starts in the woods at daybreak in order to take advantage of the best lighting conditions. You will learn our photography techniques and hopefully head home with some stunning images of this iconic location.
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop is aimed at any level of photographer who wishes to improve their photography. From beginners who wish to learn the basics of photography, through intermediate photographers looking to improve their skill, all the way to advanced photographers who have mastered their craft and wish to visit great locations and find new inspiration. The goal is to enjoy our time together and have fun discovering new techniques and locations, leaving you inspired and motivated to capture stunning landscape photos.
What will you get out of this workshop?
Apart from some stunning pictures, here are some more things you will benefit from by attending this workshop:
- Demystification of some of the more confusing camera settings, such as the exposure triangle, the histogram, highlights and shadows, focus, etc.
- Understanding different shooting modes and the advantages of using RAW files
- How to visualise an image even before taking out your camera
- Help with choosing the right lens and focal length depending on the situation and the image you wish to create
- Help with composition and how it can impact the eye of the viewer
- Help with understanding light and how it can dramatically change the mood of each picture
- How to use filters to create long exposures
- How to create panoramic pictures and bracket exposures
- How to get the most out of your picure in post processing with Adobe Lightroom Classic CC
Key features of this workshop
- 4-5 hours on location shooting
- Easy/moderate hiking with some elevation gain
- Workshop guidance in English | Multilingual workshop guides (French, German, Spanish)
- Maximum of 10-12 participants
What is included
- Meet and greet in a pre-arranged location
- Quick breakfast on the go and briefing
- Guided tour to some of the most beautiful spots of the Mullerthal
- Advice and review of your pictures while on location
- Post-workshop feedback on your pictures by your workshop guides as well as by your fellow workshop photographers through a private Facebook group
What is not included
- Transportation to and from the Mullerthal
What should you bring?
You should obviously bring your camera, preferably a DSLR or mirrorless camera. Compact cameras or smartphones are not recommended.
Bringing various lenses will allow you to capture the landscape from different angles.
You should at least bring a standard lens (24-70mm on a full-frame sensor). A wide angle lens and a telephoto lens such as 70-200mm can also be very useful. Bringing a macro lens will allow you to create close-up shots.
- Other equipment
You should definitely bring a tripod for this workshop. You will also need spare batteries. If you own any filters, you should bring them too.
- Manual for your camera
Since this workshop will take place outside, please dress appropriately depending on the weather conditions. You should also wear good hiking shoes. In case of cold weather don't forget your gloves.
The iconic Mullerthal, also known as Luxembourg's Little Switzerland, is a beautiful region in the Northeast of the Grand-Duchy. Beautiful woodlands and spectacular natural rock formations make out most of the Mullerthal. However, it's most well-known location is probably the picturesque Schiessentumpel, a small waterfall that flows under a charming bridge.
During this photography workshop we will visit some of the locations featured in the following videos:
Time and Duration
The workshop takes place in the morning and includes between 4 to 5 hours of on-location shooting.
The exact time and meeting location will be communicated to you by e-mail once you have a reserved a spot for the workshop.
While this workshop is scheduled for Sunday, 14 October 2018, you should keep the following Sunday, 21 October 2018, free as well. In case of extreme weather conditions or some rare other reasons, the workshop will be postponed to the second date.
While we cannot offer you official transportation to the workshop locations since this would not be covered by our insurance, we do encourage car sharing. Once the workshop is fully booked and the date approaches, we put all workshop participants in contact with each other so that car sharing opportunities can be arranged.
There is a fair amount of hiking planned in order to reach some of the most photogenic locations. This is why it is important that you wear comfortable shoes and dress accordingly to the weather conditions.
The weather plays a very important role in creating great pictures and while we will do our very best to ensure that you go home with something to show for, we cannot guarantee that we will have the ideal conditions for the workshop. Sun, rain, snow or mist can all be interesting weather conditions for this workshop, so we will only postpone or cancel the workshop in case of extreme weather conditions. The main goal of this workshop is to teach you our techniques so that you can apply them in the future as well.
While most of the workshop will be in English, we are also able to give some explanations in French, German and Spanish depending on the language skills of each participant.
This workshop is limited to 10-12 participants.
Please note that subscribing to the workshop only covers participation for one single person.
Each participant has to subscribe individually.
Your workshop guides
Christophe Van Biesen
Professional Landscape and Travel Photographer
Speaks English, French and German
Shoots Fujifilm and Canon
Alfonso Salgueiro Lora
Professional Landscape, Performing Arts and Architecture Photographer
Speaks English, French and Spanish
Shoots Sony and Canon
Have any questions about the workshop?
Cancellation and refund policy
- You are eligible for a full refund if you cancel your subscription to the workshop 14 days prior to the workshop date. Cancellations beyond that time frame will not be refunded.
- In case of extreme weather conditions, the workshop might be postponed to a later date or cancelled. In case of cancellation you will be refunded in full.
- If the workshop is cancelled for any other reason, for example due to sickness of your workshop guide(s), you will be refunded in full.
- It is highly recommended that you get a travel and medical insurance. Your own domestic medical insurance and private health scheme might not cover you whilst you are travelling abroad.
- The workshop is always dependent on weather. The workshop will not be cancelled in case of light rain or cold temperatures, but in case of extreme weather conditions, the organiser(s) reserve the right to postpone or cancel the workshop.
- The organiser(s) also reserve the right to cancel the workshop in case of insufficient attendance.